Does Your Life Raft Need Recertification?
Contact WINSLOW’s factory service department for more information for servicing or repairing your life raft. We perform routine maintenance or repairs to all WINSLOW life rafts. WINSLOW’s has the experience in performing quality service inspections to keep your life raft maintained with confidence.
A typical inspection procedure includes the following:
- The valise, canister or hard pack is visually inspected for damage.
- The package is opened and the life raft is removed for inspection.
- The inflation cylinder is removed for inspection and weighing.
- A detailed inspection is performed while unfolding the life raft to identify any damage or deterioration of the fabric.
- The life raft is filled with dry compressed air to its proper inflation pressure.
- The pressure relief valves are tested to confirm proper operation.
- The life raft is further inflated to stretch the fabric prior to commencing the specified leak test on each tube. During the pre-stretch, the fabric and seams are inspected.
- The air chambers are then pressure tested for a specified time.
- The pressure is recorded at the beginning of the test and checked again at the end of the specified time. The end pressure is adjusted for temperature change. The end pressure is recorded and checked for loss.
- The survival equipment packs are checked during the pressure test period. Dated items are replaced if they have reached their stamped expiration dates.
- The inflation cylinder is inspected at this time for damage, hydrostatic test date and is then weighed.
- The life raft is then reassembled and repacked according to specifications.
- The firing cable for the inflation system is attached to the painter line, making the life raft fully operational.
- All test results, repairs and renewals are recorded on the service inspection report. All service documentation is kept on file at
WINSLOW LifeRaft Company.
- A service validation certificate is issued and the LifeRaft is ready to be placed back in service.
Contact our service department by calling 941-613-6666 or email Elizabeth.Hulgan@utas.utc.com
When you are ready to ship your life raft to us please follow the steps below for shipping instructions:
- Please place your life raft in a cardboard box.
- (Very Important) Enclose your contact information including: name, address, phone number, return ship to address and date when you need the life raft returned to you.
- Call Yellow/Roadway 1-800-357-9199 for pick-up. Tell them you are a WINSLOW LifeRaft Company customer. Schedule a time and address for pick-up.
- Write our mailing address on the outside of the box: WINSLOW LifeRaft Company, Attn: Service Dept., 11700 Winslow Drive, Lake Suzy, FL 34269
- Yellow/Roadway will either fax or e-mail you a Bill of Lading and a HAZMAT sticker to place on box.
- Sign the Bill of Lading and give to the Yellow/Roadway driver. Keep the receipt copy to track your life raft.
When we receive your WINSLOW life raft, we will open it, inspect it and contact you to discuss all service needs prior to recertification.After servicing is complete, your life raft will be returned to you via FedEx or UPS.
WINSLOW AUTHORIZED SERVICE STATIONS
Only WINSLOW authorized service stations have the latest technical data, original parts, approved packing fixtures and factory trained technicians to properly service, repair and repack your WINSLOW life raft. If you choose to send your life raft to a service center near you, click the following link for a listing of authorized service stations: